If you have a tween or teen who you think might be needing braces soon consider the option of Invisalign Teen. Now, Invisalign has a version of Invisalign made especially for that young age group. Invisalign teen reviews show that the Invisalign Teen option is both popular and effective.
What Alignment Problems Can Invisalign Teen Correct?
Invisalign can correct overbites, gaps or overlapping teeth – the most common alignment problems faced by tweens and teens. When treatment planned by an orthodontic specialist with extensive Invisalign experience, aligners can accomplish the same goals that braces can.
What Are the Advantages of Invisalign Teen?
Since the Invisalign products are meant to be removed when necessary, there are distinct advantages over conventional braces.
- Hygiene. By simply removing the Invisalign, teeth can be brushed and flossed easily. Adequate cleaning is often a concern with braces.
- Comfort. The Invisalign product has no wires or brackets to break or rub against the inside of the mouth. This usually eliminates the need for extra visits to the orthodontist.
- Dietary. With Invisalign there are no restriction on the types of food you can eat during treatment since aligners are removed for chewing.
- Protective. Aligners have a similar design to many sports mouth guards and provide a relatively smooth surface against the lip so we encourage our patients to wear the aligners while participating in sports. If more protection is needed an orthodontic sports mouthguard can easily fit over the in aligners.
- Show That Smile! When it comes time for school pictures, your young person can give that same big smile they always have since some teens with braces try to smile with their mouth closed to hide their braces.
How Does the Invisalign System Work?
There is a series of Invisalign sets that are worn for two weeks before moving on to the next. Each set of aligners in the series move the teeth closer and closer to a perfect smile. For our patients who choose to purchase an Acceledent the aligners are changed every week so the treatment takes half the time than it would otherwise take, with most cases finishing within a year.
How Much is Invisalign Teen?
You may be surprised to learn that the cost of Invisalign Teen in our practice is not any different than the cost of braces for the same type of cases.
If you think your tween or teen may need braces and you are considering the Invisalign option, call our office today on 415-459-8006, contact us here for our first available appointment our use the Invisalign doctor locator here.
NOTE: Inconsistent and/or insufficient wear of the aligners can lead to unwanted side effects such as the teeth getting squeezed back up into the gums.