How is it Done?
Here is the process:
- We use a laser scanner to take a 3D digital scan of your teeth and your bite.
- We run the scans through a 3D printer and generate a 3D mold of your teeth.
- We use the 3D image to make a custom retainer or Invisalign aligner.
“Thanks to our light scanner and 3D printer, our patients never have to take a mold/impression and our Invisalign patients enjoy a more accurate fit of their aligners.”
What are the benefits?
This new part of our orthodontic treatment plan has many advantages:
- You will not have to deal with a goopy and disgusting mess in your mouth.
- You can breathe and swallow normally during the procedure.
- The process will not expose you to radiation.
- You will not have to do retakes.
- Your Invisalign or retainer can be made and delivered faster.
- The 3D scans of your teeth are available instantly.
With this new process, you will never have to have an impression of your teeth again. The process is faster, more comfortable, safe, and accurate. Moreover, the scans we take of your teeth will be precise, ensuring a great fit for your Invisalign aligner or retainer.
For further info, please contact Gorton & Schmohl Orthodontics and we will be able to answer all of your questions. Our phone number is 415-459-8006. You can also fill out the contact form on our website.