Do you have a child between the ages of 7-10 who does not seem to have room for all of their teeth or who has been told they may need expanders?
Due to their extensive experience treating patients with the Invisalign technique, the Doctors at Marin Ortho were one of 54 orthodontic offices worldwide invited to participate in the development of the protocol for using Invisalign clear aligners for expansion.
Invisalign is an alternative for young children ages 7 through 10 in lieu of conventional metal expanders. At their consultation, our assistant will take a low dose orthodontic x-ray to observe potential dental or airway concerns. If airway measurements are considered average, your child could be considered a candidate for Invisalign only expansion to correct bite issues and crowding.
Clear aligners are a more hygienic and comfortable alternative that replaces both upper/lower expanders and braces. The use of these removable clear trays has been proven to be a viable treatment method in our office for any children needing expansion and/or tooth straightening. Most of our Phase 1 Invisalign patients finish in about 6 months, thanks to the specific innovative protocols pioneered by the doctors at Marin Ortho.
Benefits of Invisalign
- Easier to clean teeth and appliance
- Teeth moved with less heavy force
- Specific movement for individual teeth
- Protects teeth from injury during sports
- Increased patient comfort
- Less driving to office (DM) and No emergency visits
- If lose one just one just move to next one
- Can be used with Palatal Expander (airway)
- No fee to switch to metal (rare occurrence)
- Aligner Stickers!