Studies have proven time and again that how a person feels about the appearance of their teeth affects their self-esteem, interpersonal relationships and even their salary. Having a smile that showcases brilliant, perfectly straight teeth is considered a sign of good health and confidence in both private and professional realms. Luckily, children whose teeth have grown crooked or crowded can have these issues corrected before they enter adulthood and avoid a lifetime of anxiety and embarrassment.
Invisalign for a Teen
Orthodontic treatment doesn’t have to involve bright silver braces with your choice of neon rubber bands. Invisalign uses a series of clear appliances to gently move teeth into their proper alignment. Shaped to the patient’s teeth, a new appliance is worn every two weeks for 20 to 22 hours a day. The teeth are gently pushed into position.
The Benefits of Invisalign
This system has plenty of features that makes them more convenient and attractive than traditional braces, including:
- the ability to remove the appliance for yearbook photos, prom and other short, important events;
- no embarrassing rubber bands or chapped lips;
- peers will likely not notice the appliance at all, relieving the chances of bullying or hurtful teasing;
- the appliance can be removed for more thorough brushing and flossing, which minimizes the risk of tooth decay;
- fresher breath, as both the mouth and the appliance can be properly cleaned.
If you are looking for a Larkspur orthodontist that can help you get Invisalign for a teen, Gorton & Schmohl Orthodontics is here to assist with your child’s treatment. While statistics may show that a bright, healthy smile improves many facets of life, we believe the warmth of a smile from a happy, confident child is proof enough of a job well done.
Gorton & Schmohl Orthodontics 900 Larkspur Landing Circle, Suite 200, Larkspur, California
All the Statistics in the World Can’t Measure the Warmth of a Smile