Dear Gorton & Schmohl Orthodontics Community,
We hope all is well for all of our patients and families. Good news! We plan to reopen Gorton & Schmohl Orthodontics on June 1st following the preventative COVID-19 guidance from state authorities as well as the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). We are confident that these new measures provide the most safety and protection for our patients.
Click here for a video summary of our new protocols and/or read through the following!
Here are some changes to our practice that we call the “new normal”:
- Patients should only come in at their designated appointment times
- Rescheduling options are available to those who arrive late
- Our outdoor courtyard on the first floor is available to those who are early
- Patients should come alone or with one guardian to minimize interactions with others
- Masks are to be worn by all patients/parents, even inside our office
- Contactless temperature screenings available
- We have reduced the number of patients coming in at one time
- Our patient chairs are 6 feet apart
- Future appointments should be scheduled on our website, text or phone only
- When applicable, patients are encouraged to see our doctors using virtual appointments and remote dental monitoring systems
Our office is unique in the sense that it has fresh air circulation with our open windows and a living plant wall which provides natural air cleansing. There is also a commercial grade filtration system in the vents of the entire office building. For the rare appointments that generate aerosol, we have an evacuation system in place. Personal protective equipment has always been used by our team, but we have added additional layers!
We thank you for being compliant with these new preventative measures. As always, the team at Gorton & Schmohl Orthodontics wants the best, safest option for our patients including their health and wellbeing.
We can’t wait to finally see you in person!
Click here to visit our Corona FAQ page.
UPDATE – 30 April:
NEW Update for COVID-19
Dear Gorton & Schmohl family and friends,
UPDATE – 16 April:
How to Take Traditional Retainers In and Out
How to Make a Traditional Retainer Looser or Tighter with Your Fingers
UPDATE – 14 April:
We Are Offering Virtual Appointments!
Dear Marin Ortho Family,
Our patients know us for our early adoption of orthodontic technology and techniques to provide the most patient-friendly, comfortable, efficient, and effective orthodontic treatment experience possible. We are therefore excited to announce that many of your orthodontic appointments can now be conducted virtually!
For our Invisalign patients: Our Dental Monitoring and Invisalign Virtual Care programs combined with our team’s extensive Invisalign expertise enable us to monitor the fit of your Invisalign aligners remotely. These programs analyze images of your teeth to help us compare your current alignment to the expected position of your teeth, evaluate your bite, and give you regular feedback about whether you are ready to move forward in your aligner sequence. If you have not yet signed up for our virtual monitoring programs, please text us at (415) 459-8006 with the best email and mobile number to get you started. If you are nearing the end of your final few aligners, please email updated photos https://marinortho.com/taking-photos-your-teeth-tutorial/ to [email protected]. Ask questions directly in the email and/or follow up with an existing patient virtual consultation https://marinortho.appointlet.com/ . You can also text/call us at 415-459-8006 to book the virtual consultation. This video appointment will be to discuss any further goals for your Invisalign treatment and answer questions.
For our braces patients: The personalized care and attention our practice has always been known for is now available to you at home. All our doctors are available via email to evaluate how your tooth alignment and bite correction look and how you’re doing with your rubber bands. If you’re a patient between Phase I and Phase II or done with treatment, we’d be happy to evaluate how your adult teeth are coming in and/or how your retainers are fitting. Finally, if you are one of our youngest patients with a palatal expander, we’d love to see how the turning is coming along! Please watch this instructional video https://marinortho.com/taking-photos-your-teeth-tutorial/ to email your photos to [email protected]. Ask questions directly in the email and/or follow up with an existing patient virtual consultations https://marinortho.appointlet.com/ . You can also text/call us directly at 415-459-8006 to book the consultation.
Gorton & Schmohl Orthodontics is also welcoming new patients interested in starting orthodontic treatment! Please visit our website www.marinortho.com/ to set up a virtual consultation with our expert, American Board of Orthodontics-certified orthodontists. The flexibility of virtual consultations means you can schedule a time convenient for you and a consultation duration that works best for your busy schedule from the comfort of your home. New patients can submit photos/ info through SmileSnap and then set up a virtual consultation appointment https://marinortho.appointlet.com/ .
Thank you and Stay safe!
Doctors and Staff at Gorton & Schmohl Orthodontics
UPDATE – 30 March:
This update supersedes all other updates
In response to the rapidly evolving recommendations regarding COVID-19, the California Dental Association has recommended that dental offices remain closed until further notice. We will be reaching out to all our patients to schedule / reschedule as soon as we know when we are able to reopen. For questions or concerns, call or text the office at (415) 459-8006 (please be patient with our reduced staff). Take care and stay well!
COVID-19 BUILDING CLOSURE
Tuesday 17 March:
- Instead of checking yourself in in our touch screen, you may check in verbally with our front desk team.
- Once you let us know you are here, you are welcome to wait in the outdoor courtyard downstairs or in your car if it is not yet time for your appointment to start. Our front desk team will text you when your chair is ready.
- For patients using Invisalign treatment, you have the option of receiving a Dental Monitoring kit we can send in the mail for our doctors to monitor your case remotely, eliminating the need for “check” appointments. Contact our office for details. 415-459-8006 , [email protected]
- Starting mid-March, we will offer new patients the option of starting with a virtual consultation online via our website www.MarinOrtho.com