Dear Gorton & Schmohl Orthodontics Community,
We hope all is well for all of our patients and families. Good news! We plan to reopen Gorton & Schmohl Orthodontics on June 1st following the preventative COVID-19 guidance from state authorities as well as the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). We are confident that these new measures provide the most safety and protection for our patients.
Click here for a video summary of our new protocols and/or read through the following!
Here are some changes to our practice that we call the “new normal”:
- Patients should only come in at their designated appointment times
- Rescheduling options are available to those who arrive late
- Our outdoor courtyard on the first floor is available to those who are early
- Patients should come alone or with one guardian to minimize interactions with others
- Masks are to be worn by all patients/parents, even inside our office
- Contactless temperature screenings available
- We have reduced the number of patients coming in at one time
- Our patient chairs are 6 feet apart
- Future appointments should be scheduled on our website, text or phone only
- When applicable, patients are encouraged to see our doctors using virtual appointments and remote dental monitoring systems
Our office is unique in the sense that it has fresh air circulation with our open windows and a living plant wall which provides natural air cleansing. There is also a commercial grade filtration system in the vents of the entire office building. For the rare appointments that generate aerosol, we have an evacuation system in place. Personal protective equipment has always been used by our team, but we have added additional layers!
We thank you for being compliant with these new preventative measures. As always, the team at Gorton & Schmohl Orthodontics wants the best, safest option for our patients including their health and wellbeing.
We can’t wait to finally see you in person!
Click here to visit our Corona FAQ page.
UPDATE – 30 April:
NEW Update for COVID-19
Dear Gorton & Schmohl family and friends,
UPDATE – 30 March:
This update supersedes all other updates
In response to the rapidly evolving recommendations regarding COVID-19, the California Dental Association has recommended that dental offices remain closed until further notice. We will be reaching out to all our patients to schedule / reschedule as soon as we know when we are able to reopen. For questions or concerns, call or text the office at (415) 459-8006 (please be patient with our reduced staff). Take care and stay well!
UPDATE – 17 March:
COVID-19 BUILDING CLOSURE
- Instead of checking yourself in in our touch screen, you may check in verbally with our front desk team.
- Once you let us know you are here, you are welcome to wait in the outdoor courtyard downstairs or in your car if it is not yet time for your appointment to start. Our front desk team will text you when your chair is ready.
- For patients using Invisalign treatment, you have the option of receiving a Dental Monitoring kit we can send in the mail for our doctors to monitor your case remotely, eliminating the need for “check” appointments. Contact our office for details. 415-459-8006 , [email protected]
- Starting mid-March, we will offer new patients the option of starting with a virtual consultation online via our website www.MarinOrtho.com