Dr. Jasmine Gorton and her son demonstrate the easiest way of keeping Invisalign clear aligners clean at home.
Click here to visit our Corona FAQ page.
UPDATE: 30 March:
This update supersedes all other updates
In response to the rapidly evolving recommendations regarding COVID-19, the California Dental Association has recommended that dental offices remain closed until further notice. We will be reaching out to all our patients to schedule / reschedule as soon as we know when we are able to reopen. For questions or concerns, call or text the office at (415) 459-8006 (please be patient with our reduced staff). Take care and stay well!
COVID-19 BUILDING CLOSURE
Tuesday 17 March:
- Instead of checking yourself in in our touch screen, you may check in verbally with our front desk team.
- Once you let us know you are here, you are welcome to wait in the outdoor courtyard downstairs or in your car if it is not yet time for your appointment to start. Our front desk team will text you when your chair is ready.
- For patients using Invisalign treatment, you have the option of receiving a Dental Monitoring kit we can send in the mail for our doctors to monitor your case remotely, eliminating the need for “check” appointments. Contact our office for details. 415-459-8006 , email@example.com
- Starting mid-March, we will offer new patients the option of starting with a virtual consultation online via our website www.MarinOrtho.com
Invisalign can be your perfect solution To A healthy smile. Whether you are a teenager getting braces for the first time, or an adult who wants to fix their smile, Invisalign is a great choice for you. There are a few things you should know before you get started. In this post, we’re going to show you 6 things to know before Invisalign Treatment in 2020. Let’s get cracking.
If you don’t want traditional metal braces, what are the other options? Today’s teeth straightening technology has come a long way from the early days when a swig of spirits and a pair of pliers pretty much summed up your options. In this post, we’ll show you what you can get from an orthodontist in this modern world apart from metal braces. Let’s get cracking.
The first question that many patients ask an orthodontist when they learn that they need to get braces is in the title. The answer is going to vary from patient to patient, as the dental health need of every patient is different. In this post, we’ll answer the question “When Will I get my braces off?” Let’s get started.
If you’re in the market for an even more gorgeous smile, your orthodontist might discuss a few options with you. Braces and Invisalign are the two most common ways to correct a crooked smile, and most people have a choice. Since many people choose to forgo braces, it’s Invisalign people want to learn more about. More importantly, you probably want to know how to maintain a healthy diet while you have this system in your mouth. In this post, we’ll answer the question – Can you have a healthy diet while using Invisalign? Let’s get cracking.
- 1 People also ask
- 2 Can you Have Healthy Diet With Invisalign?
- 2.1 What Invisalign Really Does
- 2.2 Maintaining a Healthy Diet
- 2.3 Plan Your Meals
- 2.4 Why Maintain a Healthy Diet
- 2.5 Foods to Avoid
- 3 Schedule an Examination
- 4 Conclusion
People Also Ask
- How often should you clean your Invisalign?
- Can I eat with my Invisalign in?
- Can I lose weight Invisalign?
- What foods should you avoid with Invisalign?
Can You Have Healthy Diet With Invisalign?
- A straight, pretty smile is a simple way to have more confidence. When you live with crooked teeth, you might feel a little self-conscious smiling, talking, or showing people your mouth. It’s not uncommon, though your smile is already beautiful.
What Invisalign Treatment Really Does
- Before we discuss how you maintain a healthy diet while you straighten your teeth at home, you should know what it is, how it works, and what it entails. Like braces, this method of fixing starts at the orthodontist’s office before it goes home. Your system is created specifically for your mouth so your bite are manipulated into the correct position. Your aligners are personal to your mouth alone, and they come right out.
- You’ll learn how to use them at the office. This means you’ll learn how to wear them, when to wear them, how to take them out, when to take them out, and when to call the office if you have any issues. They work very simply when it comes to living your everyday life. You take them out to brush and floss as well as eat. You can drink with the aligners still in your mouth. As far as how long you need these aligners, that’s dependent on your personal oral health.
Maintaining A Healthy Diet
- Your good health need not suffer for a more beautiful smile. You get to live your life as you’ve always lived, but you must remember one or two things about how to go about eating. Your aligners come out when you eat. You can eat anything you want with your aligners in your mouth. You’re not required to remove them even if you want to chew a piece of gum. These are not like the old-fashioned methods people relied upon that were complete with a long list of prohibited food and beverage items.
- Now you can eat as much of anything you want and not worry about your aligners. They can come out, but shouldn’t come out often unless you want to prolong the work they are doing to change the overall shape of your teeth. There are no dietary restrictions associated with wearing aligners, but it’s important to maintain the healthiest possible diet.
Plan Your Meals
- Since you’ll be fitting a day’s worth of calories and nutritional needs into three meals and two snacks, you’ll need to strategize to cover your bases. Go into each day knowing when you’ll get your protein, where you’ll find your Vitamin C, and how many calories you’re taking in with each meal. Budgeting calories and nutrients are the best way to prevent hunger and malnourishment.
Why Maintain A Healthy Diet
- Now that you know you can eat and drink whatever you want with your aligners in your mouth, you might wonder why you would maintain a healthy diet. If your kids are the ones with aligners, they might not pay nearly as much attention to their dietary needs. Your diet is actually more important now than ever before.
- Teeth are bones, and strong bones are good for your health. Eating healthy foods that enhance and add to your overall health while wearing aligners is wise. It helps your bones stay strong. It helps your body stay strong, and it helps your gnashers do what you want them to do.
- These aligners are easy to ignore and forget you’re wearing, but they don’t just move your teeth. They also move the connective tissues inside your mouth and gums while they do this difficult work. When you eat a healthy diet, you make it easier for these tissues and your gums to maintain good health and move easily. There’s less pain and less health concern when you eat well. Your body’s natural defense is to change with the times, which means a healthy diet makes it easier for your tissues, bones, and gums to move and adjust in a way that’s healthy and painless.
Foods To Avoid
While you’re making such significant changes to your mouth and smile, you want to make sure you’re doing it the right way. You want everything as healthy as possible so it’s able to overcome infection or even avoid it in the first place. While you maintain a healthy diet, be sure you don’t forget that there are a few things you must not do very often.
- Smoke (you should stop this entirely if you are a smoker)
- Drink alcohol
- Drink soda
- Eat sugary foods
- Chew gum
It’s fine to consume these in moderation, but too much of each one can cause gnashers to break down and become infected. This is not the best time for your mouth to suffer from health issues, which means now is the time to focus on things you can do to change how your mouth adapts to this treatment.
Schedule An Examination
In Marin County, Calif., you can visit Drs. Gorton & Schmohl Orthodontics to have an examination and Invisalign treatment from professionals. Schedule an appointment by calling 415-459-8006 today with one of our experts.
- Dr. Jasmine Gorton
- Dr. Bill Schmohl
- Dr. Jeff Nichelini
An Invisalign provider and will discuss orthodontic treatment options with you to repair problems such as crowding, crossbites or overbites. Depending on your malocclusions, you can wear one of these braces devices:
- Invisalign treatment
- Braces with colors
- Traditional braces Damon
- Traditional metal braces
- Damon Clear
Dr. Gorton will see you in a consultation to discuss Invisalign treatment.
Which tip will you try first???
Either way, let us know by leaving a comment below right now and continue the conversation. Also, link in Twitter over @MarinOrtho
Gorton & Schmohl Orthodontics
900 Larkspur Landing Circle, Suite 200 Larkspur CA 94939 Tel: (415)-459-8006
Can you Have Healthy Diet With Invisalign? | FAST FACTS 2020
How does orthodontics affect the environment? A straight, white smile and healthy teeth are important to us. We screw up the courage to go to see the orthodontist to make our teeth straight and healthy. Sitting on the chair awaiting the application of hardware to make it so, we have no thought of sustainability. That’s okay because our orthodontist does. He has a duty not only to us but to the environment. We don’t even think of the carbon footprint of his office. We don’t recognize there are items inside that office that impacts our world. Our orthodontics professionals do their best work to make both better. In this post, we’ll show you how they do it? Let’s crack on…
Are Traditional Braces Cheaper than Invisalign? A smile is beautiful, and you will feel more confident about it when you have straight teeth. Only an orthodontist can tell you exactly what treatment is right for your teeth, but there are two basic choices in braces: traditional metal braces or clear Invisalign braces. While the cost is generally comparable, it may depend on a number of factors including the length of time you will wear the braces, geography, complexity of issues, whether you have dental insurance, and how much the insurance will cover. In this post, we’re going to show you THE ANSWERS. Let’s get cracking.
While braces are a fantastic solution for yourself or your children when suffering from misaligned teeth, it’s actually possible for your teeth to shift slightly even after wearing an orthodontic appliance, especially if you don’t start to use a retainer immediately. If you’ve neglected to wear a retainer right after the brackets are taken off, you’ll want to research your options before your teeth have moved too much. Below is some useful information about how a retainer can help with a slight shift of your teeth. In this post, we’re going to show you what retainers do and why you must keep wearing them. Let’s get started.
Should I get braces before my wedding? Weddings often bring to light things that a person has always wanted to change, and you may suddenly find yourself worrying about the appearance of your smile. While you have likely gotten used to your crooked or misaligned teeth over the years, the realization that your smile will be immortalized for posterity in your wedding album may leave you dealing with some serious fears. In this post, we’re going to tell you super things to consider on the lead-up to your wedding day. Let’s dive right in.
Gorton & Schmohl Orthodontics
900 Larkspur Landing Circle, Suite 200 Larkspur, California 94939
Text or call us at 415 459 8006