Oh, the stresses of fame. You need to look your best all the time. What’s more important to being camera-ready than having a great smile? Beautiful, straight, white smiles aren’t something we’re all born with, and that’s true even for Hollywood stars. When celebrities are being photographed with crooked or crowded teeth, their stylists send them to the orthodontist. In this post, we’ll take you through famous stars and show you how to rock braces like top celebrities. Let’s start the song.
- 1 How to Rock Braces Like Top Celebrities
- 1.1 Dakota Fanning Rocked Braces for 4 Years
- 1.2 Kendall Jenner Has Had Braces Twice
- 1.3 Gwen Stefani Really Wanted Braces
- 1.4 Tom Cruise Had Braces When He Was 40 Years Old
- 1.5 Miley “Smiley” Cyrus Wore Lingual Braces
- 1.6 Royalty Doesn’t Make You Exempt From Orthodontic Treatment
- 1.7 Niall Horan’s Teeth Used To Be In More Than One Direction
- 1.8 Emma Watson Straightened Her Smile With Traditional Braces
- 1.9 Justin Bieber Showed Off His Invisalign Braces on YouTube
- 2 Everyone Can Have a Hollywood Smile
- 3 Conclusion
How to Rock Braces Like Top Celebrities
- Just like with anyone else, orthodontic treatment is different for all of them. Some have worn the clear plastic aligners from Invisalign, others have braces attached to the backs of their teeth, and others have had traditional metal braces for all the world to see. Chances are, whatever braces treatment you or someone in your family has had, they are like so many celebrities out there.
Dakota Fanning Rocked Braces for 4 Years
- Dakota Fanning has needed a lot of help with her teeth over the years. It can be tough growing up in the spotlight, especially through having six teeth pulled, dental surgery, and visible braces put on when you are only 10 years old. For part of the time she was in braces, she also had to wear headgear.
- She even did an interview on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno during that time, which just goes to show that if you don’t let it bother you, you can do anything with braces. After four years of braces, Dakota Fanning came out of her experience with beautiful, straight teeth and a smile ready for vampire films.
Kendall Jenner Has Had Braces Twice
- Yes, twice! The very famous Kendall Jenner is a famous model and daughter of Kris and Caitlyn Jenner. She grew up while being filmed on the reality show Keeping Up With the Kardashians. Over the years, Kendall has had braces not just once, but twice. Having perfect, straight teeth is extremely important for a model.
- Her first set of braces went on when she was 13 years old. This first set was the more traditional, metal braces that people come to expect. Then, when she was 17 years old, and looking to begin her modeling career, she spoke with her orthodontist and decided a little more could be done to get the straight smile she wanted. She started using a clear aligner and soon enough her transformation was complete.
Gwen Stefani Really Wanted Braces
- In 1999 Gwen Stefani was 30 years old and the lead singer for the band No Doubt. She’d always wanted braces as a child but her family hadn’t been able to afford them. By 1999, the band was doing well enough that she could, so she consulted an orthodontist and was soon sporting new braces on the red carpet.
- She encouraged all of her fans to be proud of their braces and not hide their smiles. Braces are a privilege everyone isn‘t lucky enough to have.
Tom Cruise Had Braces When He Was 40 Years Old
- Tom Cruise had braces in 2002. He wore clear ceramic brackets, so only the metal band was noticeable across his teeth. He didn’t talk much about them but did smile wide on the red carpet so they were photographed for all the world to see.
Miley “Smiley” Cyrus Wore Lingual Braces
- Yes, Miley’s parents named her Miley, short for Smiley. That’s a lot to live up to, especially when you have crowded and misaligned teeth. And when you’re a famous teenager.
- Miley and her orthodontist chose lingual braces. These braces are worn behind your teeth, so they’re not visible for the cameras. To complete her transformation, Cyrus chose to get porcelain veneers to keep her smile bright and camera ready.
Royalty Doesn’t Make You Exempt From Orthodontic Treatment
- Prince Harry was often photographed wearing a set of metal braces while he was growing up. In the photos, his teeth were clearly far apart. His treatment did wonders for his mouth and he now has straight, white teeth and a winning royal smile.
Niall Horan’s Teeth Used To Be In More Than One Direction
- Niall Horan was a member of the very popular boy band, One Direction. Prior to 2011, his teeth were visibly crooked. During the height of his fame in 2011, he had traditional metal braces put on.
- He was 18 years old at the time and wore the braces for 15 months. At the end of his transformation in 2013, he took a snap to show off his new smile to all of his excited fans.
Emma Watson Straightened Her Smile With Traditional Braces
- Emma Watson, the actress originally made famous for her role as Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter films, had mildly crooked teeth before she decided to try traditional braces.
- She didn’t have to wear them for very long. At the end of her treatment, she had the perfect and well-aligned teeth that make for a smile everyone in Hollywood can be jealous of.
Justin Bieber Showed Off His Invisalign Braces on YouTube
- The young singer has made no secret of his invisible braces. In fact, shortly after getting them, he went live on uStream and pulled out his top tray to show his fans. The video is still famous on Youtube.
- In the video, Justin Bieber mentions that his mouth was a bit sore from the Invisalign trays, which is normal for the first couple of days of wear. He also commented on how pleased he was with the invisible look.
Everyone Can Have a Hollywood Smile
Celebrities aren’t just born with those bright smiles, they had to go through orthodontic treatment to look that great. If you are ready to discuss ways to have a smile you’re proud to show off, consult an experienced professional. We also provide:
- Which tip will you try first???
- Either way, let us know by leaving a comment below right now and continue the conversation. Also, link in Twitter over @MarinOrtho
How to Rock Braces Like Top Celebrities | QUICK LIST 2020